Here is a really great recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches that is Super Simple to make in your slow cooker for game day or any day. Serve this with your favorite sides and you’re sure to score some points.
1 – 5 to 8 lb. pork loin
2 – 18 oz. bottles of BBQ sauce
(I like to use one bottle of Gates Original and one bottle of KC Masterpiece; it makes it a mild sweet sauce with a little kick. However, feel free to use whatever kind you like best.)
Sliced Bread or Buns
- Trim all of the fat off the pork loin with a sharp knife.
- Slice the pork loin into ½ inch pork chops pieces.
- Layer the slices in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour half of each bottle of BBQ sauce over the pork.
- With your hands mix the sauces together and coat all sides of the pork.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low or high heat. (I usually cook it on high for 4-6 hrs.)
- The pork is done when it flakes apart. (The cooking time will vary depending on the amount of meat and the thickness of the slices.)
- When done, drain and carefully transfer pork to a large mixing bowl. Then pull apart with two forks.
- Add the remaining BBQ sauce from both bottles and mix thoroughly.